Bingo season is upon us once again. Live Bingo Games will start airing on CHET TV next Thursday September 28th. Games will be played every Thursday on CHET TV except during Christmas Break (December 22 and 29), Easter Break (March 29th) and games will conclude for the 2017-2018 season on or about June 4th. 2018.
For details on Rules & Guidelines please review the following:
Chetwynd Communication Society – TV Bingo Guidelines and Rules (August-September 2017)
– The General Manager of the Chetwynd Communications Society have reviewed The Standard Procedures for Independent Bingos at http://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/sports-recreation-arts-and-culture/gambling/licences/procedures-licensed-bingo.pdf and all Directors, Employees and Volunteers will review and sign that they are aware of and will be compliant.
– Under Section 2.2 of the Standard Procedures for Independent Bingos, representative board members will:
“• Review and sign all contracts related to the Independent Bingo;
• Approve and sign the Gaming Event Revenue Report, which must be submitted within 90 days of the expiry of the gaming licence; and
• Approve and sign the Gaming Account Summary Report.”
– The General Manager will be the Bingo Manager and will designate duties to the Secretary Treasurer, an Assistant to the Manager, Employees and Volunteers.
– All games will be broadcast on community TV . The call letters are CHET TV.
– The Chetwynd Communications Society plans on commencing weekly Live TV Bingo Games on Thursday evenings commencing on Thursday, September 28, 2017 with the games to start at 7:00 pm.
– Introduction to the games with an explanation of the rules will start at 7:00 pm prior to the start of the games and an outline of the vendors on community radio and community TV be given so viewers and listeners are aware of locations of sales.
– Cards will be color alternated as per the Paper Distribution Company in Richmond, BC. 1-800-663-1195 (Contact: Jan Slater) as approved by the GAMING POLICY AND ENFORCEMENT BRANCH (BCLC). The cards are 4 up and will include 5 colors – Purple, Lime Green, Grey, Orange, Sky Blue.
– 4-Up Cards are sold for $5.00 each and no discounts on cards. There are no additional prizes such as an automobile.
– We have purchased the correct software for the display board which is on a computer, the approved blower, the balls and the software for the operation of the games. Visually, the drawing of the numbers is the central component of BINGO and all viewers will see the full drawing of the numbers.
– An employee of the Chetwynd Communications Society will pick up cards from vendors in Chetwynd, Dawson Creek and Pouce Coupe.
– Selection of vendors will continue as per TV Bingo in 2016.
– Vendors will count the cards that they receive upon delivery, they will sign for the number of cards sold from the past game and they will return cards which are not sold each week.
– At 5:00 pm on the day of the Bingo Game, a designated representative of the station will verify the amount of cash and unsold cards being picked up at the vendor and will return both to the CHET TV headquarters TV studios. In the event of severe weather and/or poor road conditions, the vendor may be requested to shut down the sales by 3:00 pm and verify the number of sold cards and unsold cards by telephone or email, plus keep the cash on hand. A representative will be sent to the vendor as soon as weather/roads permit.
– In the case of a technological disaster, ie. TV signal is not responsive, the game is postponed to the following Thursday and all vendors are notified.
– Each vendor is aware that their outlet cannot sell to minors (under 19) and advertising both on CHET TV and Peace FM will address this very concisely. Sales outlets have requested that persons buying tickets show photo identifications.
– 11” x 17” posters are supplied to the store advertising the sale of Bingo Cards.
– Community radio will do a countdown to the time of the Bingo and community TV will also film the outlet location.
– Rules for advertising will be followed at all times with the GAMING POLICY AND ENFORCEMENT BRANCH (GPEB) caution against gambling on radio and TV.
– Bingo winners will deliver winning tickets, proper BC photo identification, sign for their winners and photographed with their winnings. All winner photographs will be displayed on Facebook.
– Cash prizes will be disbursed or, if necessary, cheques issued by the Secretary Treasurer.
– Funds from the sales of tickets and disbursements to winners will be verified by the Secretary Treasurer or her designate or the General Manager or his designate. Records of deposits will be maintained by the Secretary Treasurer.
– There are four consecutive games – one line – two lines any way – large square (all around the outside) – and one full card. These are all played on one card, so with 4 up the game player actually plays four games at one time.
– The Chetwynd Community Society will start the first month with four prize money packets: $100 for Game One, $ 200 for Game Two, $ 300 for Game Three and $500 for Game Four.
– The 40% designated to the Chetwynd Communications Society will be used for BINGO costs, hardware and software breakdown, employees delivering weekly games, improving the overall operations of community radio and TV (ie. Cameras, new technology), producing new shows in and about our region and purchasing new shows when possible.
– CHET TV is on Bell and TELUS 655, the local terrestrial signal and on cable TV.
– Employees and their immediate family: spouse, parents, children and siblings, are not permitted to purchase, to play or to win funds.
“Know your limit and play within it.”
For Help call 1-888-795-6111
BC Gaming Event Licence # 119640
Chetwynd Communications Society, #2 Box 973, 4612 N Access
Road, Chetwynd, BC V0C 1J0, 250-788-6344