Chetwynd fire department responds to chimney fire

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedIn

 

The Chetwynd Fire Department responded to a chimney fire on Boxing Day at about 4 pm in a trailer in the Wabi Trailer Court.   The fire was contained to the wood stove, but had the potential of causing damage to the chimney and the trailer if it had not been extinguished promptly.  All residents are reminded to check their chimneys for creosote buildup and to have their chimneys cleaned promptly and thoroughly especially during these times when wood stoves are used daily.  Creosote is highly combustible and burns at incredibly high temperatures.  Residents are cautioned to not leave unattended burning wood in fire boxes of stoves and to use cured dried wood.  If you do have a chimney fire, do feel free to call 911 for immediate assistance.

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedIn